Despite being heavily hinted at by EA boss John Riccitiello, DICE’s Patrick Liu has revealed that the team currently has “nothing planned” for Battlefield on Wii U, and that even if it does come, “it probably (won’t) be Battlefield 3″.
“I think what he (EA boss John Riccitello) said was that we’re looking into what we can do with the Wii U, but there is nothing planned to be honest,” said Liu speaking to Metro.
“We’ve dabbled with it and looked what we can do with it, but there’s no game planned,” he continued.
“I’m a big fan of Nintendo myself, just looking at what they’ve done with the Wii and the Wii U? but we have to come up with something that really uses their controls.
“And until we get that bright idea of what to do with the new controls I don’t think there’s any point in making another version that’s just the same as everyone else.
“It probably wouldn’t be Battlefield 3 anyway because the Wii U is so far out.”
Wii U is expected to launch globally early next year.
But if the Wii U version isn’t Battlefield 3, what could it be? Could prospective Wii U owners have to wait for Battlefield 4 until they get their first taste of DICE’s shooter?
Battlefield 3 launches next Friday on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC.
Tags: Battlefield 3
There's nothing unlucky about this issue which stars interviews, previews and features associated with Alien: Isolation, Titanfall, The Elder Scrolls Online and more.Download Now!