Struggling publisher THQ has detailed their game line-up for the next financial year during a recent call to investors.
The South Park RPG, currently in development at Obsidian, is the biggest casualty of the year, as it’s been pushed into 2013, but THQ still has a very strong slate for the next twelve months:
- Darksiders II: August 14, 2012
- Saints Row: The Third: Enter The Dominatrix: September 2012
- Annual WWE Game: October 1st – December 31st 2012
- Company of Heroes 2: January 1st – March 31st 2013
- Metro: Last Light: Between January 1st – March 31st 2013
- South Park: The Game: Between January 1st – March 31st 2013
A notable absence from this list is Tomonobu Itagaki’s Devil’s Third. The next game from the creative force that revived Ninja Gaiden for the modern era is currently being shopped around to different publishers by THQ, as according to the CEO Brian Farrell the third-person action game no longer “fits THQ’s profile”.
Other omissions from the call include inSANE – a game currently in development at Volition under the expert tutelage of Guillermo del Tor – and an as of yet unrevealed shooter currently in production at Turtle Rock Studios, of Left 4 Dead fame.
Regardless with new entries in franchises like Darksiders, Saints Row: The Third and Company of Heroes on the horizon, we have strong hopes that THQ are well on the way back to becoming a profitable publisher once again.
Company of Heroes 2, Batman: Arkham Origins, Grand Theft Auto V, Watch_Dogs, Beyond: Two Souls and Night of the Rabbit previews.Download Now!