UPDATE: Publisher Namco Bandai has since confirmed that the microphone support was a listing error and that Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition “will not support in-game chat.”
System requirements for the upcoming PC release of Dark Souls have been released including an interesting snippet of info.
Where the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions wouldn’t allow players to engage in party chat (excluding private chat), the Prepare To Die PC version will “requires microphone headset support” for multiplayer.
It has been speculated that this could apply to the game’s arena mode being including in the Artorias of the Abyss content.
The full system requirements can be found below:
- OS: Windows XP , Windows Vista, Windows 7, or newer
- Processor: 2.6 GHz Dual-Core
- Memory: 1 GB (XP), 2GB (Vista/7)
- Hard Disk Space: 4 GB
- Video Card: 512 MB RAM, ATI Radeon 4850 or higher, NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT or higher
- DirectX: 9.0c
- Sound: Direct Sound Compatible
- Additional: Multiplayer requires microphone headset support
Company of Heroes 2, Batman: Arkham Origins, Grand Theft Auto V, Watch_Dogs, Beyond: Two Souls and Night of the Rabbit previews.Download Now!