Hi-Rez Studios has announced that Tribes: Ascend’s Open Beta will commence this Friday with a massive update to celebrate thousands of new players being able to enjoy the competitive online FPS.
“The Tribes: Ascend Closed Beta has exceeded our expectations,” revealed Todd Harris, Hi-Rez Studios’ COO.
“Over 300,000 players participated in the Closed Beta and the game has improved greatly based on community feedback. We are now excited to launch Open Beta this Friday. We have expanded capacity in North America, Europe, and Australia and added new local servers to support growing communities in Brazil and Asia.”
The new patch includes the following:
- New Arena Deathmatch game type, with two initial maps.
- New Capture The Flag map; Temple Ruins.
- New Team Deathmatch map; Inferno.
- Two new unlockable items for the Soldier class; Proximity Grenade and Utility Pack.
- New default suits for Doombringer and Brute.
- Ability to view either Blood Eagle or Diamond Sword skins from Class menu.
- Service supporting Name Change.
- Large number of bug-fixes and balance adjustments.
To further sweeten the deal Hi-Rez has confirmed there won’t be any character wipes after the beta is declared open, so you can begin progressing your character permanently as soon as servers go live
The beta will be declared open to all on Friday at 5pm GMT and to get the client today, simply head to the shooter’s official website.
Tags: Tribes Ascend
Company of Heroes 2, Batman: Arkham Origins, Grand Theft Auto V, Watch_Dogs, Beyond: Two Souls and Night of the Rabbit previews.Download Now!