Deathwing is coming, and The Shattering of the world is imminent. The world of Azeroth will be changing forever next week with the release of patch 4.0.3a.
Most of us are aware of some of the main things that will be happening with this final pre-expansion patch, but some are a little bit confused over some of the finer details – can we fly? Will guild achievements be available? Can we start with archaeology?
If only someone would make a list of all the things we will see, and those that we won’t.
Well, thankfully a chap by the name of Sammew has made one such list over on the official forums, including a few updates provided by Blizzard blues. So, let’s take a look at what exactly we can expect from the patch next week.
What is not in:
* Creating worgen/goblin characters
* Worgen/Goblin start zones
* Professions past 450 (Illustrious Grand Master)
* Guild leveling
* Guild achievements
* Eastern Kingdoms/Kalimdor flight
* New Zones (80 )
* Race Changing to new class combinations
What is in:
* Portals in Dalaran Removed
* Class trainers in Dalaran where portals once were
* New race-class combinations (excluding worgen/goblin)
* New Gnome/Troll starting areas
* Changes to existing zones
* New cata load screens
* New cata intro cinematic
* New cata login screen
* New music
* City Quartermasters, with rep tabards
* Bug fixes
* Class balancing
* Druids, paladins, priests, and shaman will have their talent trees reset
Threads pertaining to specific class changes
* Paladin: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1083748522
* Shaman: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1074268042
* Priest: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1074268135
* Experience required to gain levels 71 through 80 is being reduced by 20%
* New tamable hunter pets (Monkey, fox, dog, and beetle, as well as new skins for exsisting pet classes. Complete list here thanks to www.wow-petopia.com:
* A steam powered auctioneer, similar to the engineering only one in the Like Clockwork store, has been added next to the justice point vendors in Dalaran. They are now usable by all non-engineers.
So, there you have it, a pretty comprehensive list of the finer points of patch 4.0.3a.
For those who are looking to level some new characters in Cataclysm, that are not worgen or goblins, the changes to the world will all be implemented bringing the brand new 1 to 60 levelling experience meaning you can get started now.
Alternatively, if you’ve got some alts in the 70s that you want to get to 80 before the expansion hits then the reduced XP requirement should certainly help with that.
If you have your characters parked in Dalaran, for easy access to the city portals, then it may be a good idea to move yourself to Orgrimmar or Stormwind as the portals will be removed, but the two main cities have reasonable access to most of the places you will want to go to.
Although there hasn’t been any official confirmation of the date for this patch, people have been told by GMs that it is coming next week, and with the patch already on the PTR this is very likely, and what better way to celebrate WoW’s 6th anniversary than destroying the world?
Company of Heroes 2, Batman: Arkham Origins, Grand Theft Auto V, Watch_Dogs, Beyond: Two Souls and Night of the Rabbit previews.Download Now!