Regular, Digital Deluxe and Collector’s Edition also detailed.
Blizzard has today announced that the forthcoming World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria expansion will be released worldwide on Tuesday, 25th September.
The regular edition of the game will be priced at £29.99 at both bricks and mortar stores as well as Blizzard’s own store, and understandably only includes a copy of the expansion.
If you love consumerism in all its seductive forms, there’s also a Digital Deluxe Edition available for £39.99, and that includes the following non-physical goodies:
- World of Warcraft In-Game Mount: Take to the skies of Azeroth astride the mystical Imperial Quilen flying mount.
- World of Warcraft In-Game Pet: Journey across Pandaria with the Lucky Quilen Cub at your side.
- StarCraft® II Battle.net® Portraits: Bring the Horde and Alliance rivalry to the far reaches of the Koprulu sector with exclusive Infested Orc and Night Elf Templar Battle.net portraits.
- Diablo® III Banner Sigil and Accent: Display your status as a hero of Pandaria with the iconic markings of World of Warcraft’s newest playable race, the pandaren.
If that wasn’t enough there’s also the more traditional physical Collector’s Edition – priced at £59.99 – which includes everything from the Digital Deluxe pack, as well as the following:
- Behind-the-Scenes DVD and Blu-Ray: Learn about the creation of Pandaria with this two-disc set featuring over an hour of commentary, insider interviews, and developer roundtables.
- Collector’s Edition Soundtrack CD: Experience 20 orchestral pieces from Mists of Pandaria.
- The Art of Mists of Pandaria Book: Explore this 208-page hardcover tome featuring never-before-seen pieces from the expansion, from early concepts to final 3D renderings.
- Chen Stormstout Mouse Pad: Equip your desk with this special-edition mouse pad featuring the legendary pandaren brewmaster.
Have we all got that? Good, that’s probably more bullet points that any website can handle in 2012. Still the amount of purchase options available for Mists of Pandaria is probably indicative of the expansion itself which according to Mike Morhaime, CEO and co-founder of Blizzard Entertainment, is substantial.
“Mists of Pandaria contains the biggest variety of new content we’ve ever created for a World of Warcraft expansion, with features that will appeal to new players, veterans, and everyone in between,” he explained. “We’ve received a lot of great feedback from players during our most extensive beta test yet, and we hope they enjoy exploring everything Pandaria has to offer when the expansion comes out in September.”
September has always been a big month on the gaming calendar, but this year it’s set to get even more significant. Get ready to reactivate those lapsed account MMO fans!
Company of Heroes 2, Batman: Arkham Origins, Grand Theft Auto V, Watch_Dogs, Beyond: Two Souls and Night of the Rabbit previews.Download Now!