The so-called ‘mini-expansion’ set for launch November 15th.
After multiple teases over the past week, ArenaNet has declared the finer details of the forthcoming Lost Shores update for Guild Wars 2. The hefty piece of new content coincides with a new trial initiative being launched for the one-time fee MMORPG, as well as the following new titbits:
- A mysterious zone to explore, accessible to all players regardless of level.
- A challenging new dungeon to conquer.
- A new PvP map set within a Kodan dojo.
- New gear to acquire, ranging from additional weapons skins to item enhancements to an additional tier of items between Exotic and Legendary.
- Crafting updates including a new resource to harvest and 200 new recipes.
- A one-time in-game event that will forever leave its mark on the world of Tyria, starting Friday, November 16 and ending Monday, November 19.
- Guesting: The ability for friends to join each other questing, even when on different servers.
The new trial initiative is open from November 15th to 18th, with existing players able to refer up to three friends to join them on those servers during that time.
It’s still unclear exactly what story premise is behind this update, but thankfully we won’t have long to wait. Check out the new shots below for some clues. Giant crab a-hoy!
Tags: Guild Wars 2
Another month, another round of massive exclusives for our free-to-read magazine. In this issue we look at Landmark, Tropico 5, Carmageddon: Reincarnation, Trials Fusion and more!Download Now!