Expansion seventeen will arrive May 22nd.
Today CCP Games has confirmed that the Inferno expansion for EVE Online will hit servers next Tuesday.
The content, which will be cost existing subscribers nothing extra, centres around overhauling existing features in the game in accordance with player feedback.
Here’s a breakdown:
- Mercenary Marketplace – pay the best guns-for-hire to settle your scores or make yourself available to the highest bidders in the most notorious PVP universe in gaming.
- War Declarations – reworked systems to help you wage war and keep track of your legacy.
- Missiles and Launchers – savour every moment from launch to impact with missile launchers and dramatic new missile effects.
- Factional Warfare – enlist in a faction and join the entry-level game of conquest with more rewards and deeper gameplay than ever before.
- Visual Updates – Enhanced graphics on ship models and increased options in the industry-leading character creator.
“There has never been a more exciting time to try EVE and become the spaceship pilot you always knew you should be,” proclaimed Jon Lander, EVE Online’s senior producer. “The EVE universe is, now more than ever, staggeringly ripe with possibilities for adventure, stories, profit and, well, really satisfying explosions with the new missile effects.”
EVE Online recently hit the headlines thanks to the ‘Burn Jita’ event which saw thousands of players seeking to ‘reboot’ the game’s economy by making the most active quadrant in the galaxy the centre of death and destruction. No doubt CCP are seeking to use this renewed interest to bring new players into gaming’s most notriously free universe and frankly who can blame them?
Tags: EVE Online
Company of Heroes 2, Batman: Arkham Origins, Grand Theft Auto V, Watch_Dogs, Beyond: Two Souls and Night of the Rabbit previews.Download Now!