The Druids are celebrating once again as the Lunar Festival comes to the World of Warcraft between the 14th of February and the 7th of March, and it’s time to respect your Elders.
The achievements themselves are fairly easy to obtain, with only a couple providing some challenge, but the main problem with this event is the time involved as you need to travel all over the world visiting Elders – but that’s where we come in to lend a hand with our Gamerzines guide to the Lunar Festival.
As with all holiday events, the Lunar Festival brings with it more achievements to earn (if you haven’t already done so from last year), as well as a decent amount of gold and faction reputation, which is good if you are still working on your Ambassador title.
To earn all of the events achievements you will, unfortunately, need to be level 80 due to some of the locations involved, but if you’re not max level it is still worth taking part in the event as it can provide quite a lot of XP to help you level up.
The overall Meta-Achievement To Honor One’s Elders requires you to complete 11 achievements which we will now go through.
Some of the achievements require you to purchase items using Coins of Ancestry so it makes sense to start earning some of these first before doing the rest.
This achievement is progressive, and is first earned for gaining one Coin of Ancestry, then 10, 25, and finally 50.
To gain a Coin of Ancestry you simply need to find one of the event Elders around the world and speak to them. Something you will be doing a lot, and in the progress of completing the event you will actually earn 75 Coins, so this should be simple to complete.
The thing to note about the Elders is that the achievements to find them all are not faction specific, so you will be required to head into enemy territory.
Now, on to those Elders…
To help with locating these Elders, it may be wise to invest in a Co-Ordinate addon if you don’t already have one – you can get one of these from a site such as Curse.
I have added the co-ordinate locations for all Elders in brackets.
• Elder Goldwell – In Kharanos, Dun Morogh, just in the main town (46,51).
• Elder Bellowrage – In the Blasted Lands, at the neutral Horde/Alliance camp before the Dark Portal (58,54).
• Elder Stormbrow – Behind the Blacksmith shop in Goldshire (40,63).
• Elder Meadowrun – In Western Plaguelands, just North of the road leading into Eastern Plaguelands (65,47).
• Elder Starglade – Outside the entrance to Zul’Gurub in Stranglethorn Vale.
• Elder Winterhoof – At the Horde flight-master in Booty Bay.
• Elder Silvervein – Overlooking the graveyard in Thelsemar, Loch Modan.
• Elder Skychaser – At the top of the tower at Sentinel Hill, in Westfall.
• Elder Rumblerock – At Dreadmaul Rock in Burning Steppes, to the east of the highest cave at 82,46.
• Elder Dawnstrider – Another found in Burning Steppes, up at Flame Crest to the north of the Ruins of Thassarian.
• Elder Highpeak – In the Hinterlands just south-west of Skulk Rock (50,48).
• Elder Ironband – In Searing Gorge west of the entrance to Blackrock Mountain (21,79).
• Elder Graveborn – Near the inn in Brill, Tirisfal Glades (61,53).
• Elder Obsidian – At the Sepulcher, in Silverpine Forest (45,41).
• Elder Windrun – In the Crown Guard Tower in Eastern Plaguelands (35,69).
• Elder Snowcrown –By Lights Hope Chapel in Eastern Plaguelands (75,52).
• Elder Moonstrike – On Caer Darrow in Western Plaguelands, the island where you enter Scholomance.
That’s all of the Elders in Eastern Kingdoms, and you can plan your route so that you just work your way from north to south to get them all.
Now that you’re done with the Eastern Kingdoms, it’s time to head over to the other side of the world to hunt some more Elders.
• Elder Runetotem – At Razor Hill in Durotar (54,44).
• Elder Skygleam – At the Ravencrest Monument in Azshara (72,85).
• Elder Moonwarden – At the Crossroads in the Barrens (51,30).
• Elder High Mountain – At Camp Turajo in the Barrens (45,57).
• Elder Windtotem – In Ratchet by the engineer trainer (63,37).
• Elder Bladeleaf – At Dolanaar in Teldrassil (56,60).
• Elder Starweave – At Auberdine, in Darkshore just south of the beach (36,46).
• Elder Bloodhoof – At Bloodhoof Village, in Mulgore at the east end of the bridge (48,53).
• Elder Riversong – In the centre of Astranaar, Ashenvale stood in a gazebo (35,48).
• Elder Grimtotem – At Lariss Pavilion in Ferelas (76,37).
• Elder Mistwalker – In the Dire Maul Arena (43,67).
• Elder Nightwind – In Jaedanar in Felwood (37,53).
• Elder Skyseer – At Freewind Post in Thousand Needles (45,48).
• Elder Morningdew – At Mirage Raceway in Thousand Needles (79,77).
• Elder Ragetotem – Outside Uldum in Tanaris (36,80).
• Elder Dreamseer – In Gadgetzan, Tanaris (51,27).
• Elder Thunderhorn – In the Slithering Scar found in Un’Goro Crater (60,76).
• Elder Brightspear – At the Ruins of Kel’Teril in Winterspring (55,43).
• Elder Stonespire – In Everlook, Winterspring (61,37).
• Elder Primestone – At the Crystal Vale in north-west Silithus (23,11).
• Elder Bladesing – At the Moonwell at Cenarion Hold in Silithus.
Both continents are now covered, but there are still a few more Elders to find, and it’s likely that these will be the most difficult.
It’s time to pay a visit to the opposing factions Capital City, and it’s quite possible you will meet some resistance in your efforts. Players will be expecting the opposition to come into their city, so many are camping the Elders in order to add a few numbers to their City Defender achievements.
For the Elders of the Alliance:
• Elder Bronzebeard is found in the Mystic Ward of Ironforge – the easiest way to get here as Horde is to turn left upon entering Ironforge to take the shortest route. If you drop into the trench running through the middle it will help keep the guards off you for a little while, and hopefully Alliance players.
• Elder Hammershout is located in Stormwind’s park district. For an easier time reaching this Elder, enter Stormwind via the Harbor, mount up and charge your way through.
• Elder Bladeswift is located in the Cenarion Enclave within Darnassus. The better option is to arrive via boat to Teldrassil, head through the portal into Darnassus, and ride through as fast as you can, hoping you avoid any players and guards on the way.
For Elders of the Horde:
• Elder Darkhorn is based in Orgimmar’s Valley of Wisdom. As Alliance, enter Orgimmar via the side entrance, not the main gates – this will reduce the distance you need to travel to get to the Elder, but be prepared for some Horde as this is a busy city.
• Elder Darkcore is found within the Ruins of Lordaeron in Undercity. Head through the main gates of Undercity and straight across the courtyard. The Elder is located in one of the side rooms.
• Elder Wheathoof is in Thunder Bluff on Elder Rise. Take the northern lift up into Thunder Bluff and cut left into the building leading to the bridge over to Elder Rise. Thunder Bluff is generally pretty quiet, so you shouldn’t come up against too much resistance here.
Now that you’ve risked life and limb running into the cities, you now need to find yourself a group for:
This achievement doesn’t really need much explanation – just head into the dungeons listed and make your way through until you come to the Elder. Once you have your Coin of Ancestry you can leave and move on to the next.
Most of these can be easily solo’d by a level 80, although the Northrend dungeons may require a group – at least one definitely will.
In order to gain access to Elder Ohanzee in Gundrak, you will need to enter on Heroic difficulty, as the Elder is located within Eck’s room.
You can also work on this achievement while hunting the Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor Elders, and pop into the dungeons as you pass through the zones.
Once Azeroth is clear, it’s time to grab a boat, or zeppelin, over to Northrend.
By now you may well be sick of hunting for Elders, but you’re almost done.
• Elder Sardis – Borean Tundra, outside Valiance Keep (59,65).
• Elder Beldak – Grizzly Hills, to the east of Westfall Brigade Encampment (60,27).
• Elder Morthie – Dragonblight, located at Star’s Rest (30,56).
• Elder Fargal – Storm Peaks, at Frosthold (28,73).
• Elder Arp – Borean Tundra, by the D.E.H.T.A. camp (57,43).
• Elder Northal – Borean Tundra, in the Transistus Shield (33,34).
• Elder Sandrene – Sholozar Basin, at Lakeside landing (50,63).
• Elder Wanikaya – Sholozar Basin, next to the Avatar of Freya (64,50).
• Elder Lunaro – Grizzly Hills, in the Ruins of Tethys (80,37).
• Elder Bluewolf – Wintersgrasp, at the fortress (49,19).
• Elder Tauros – Zul’Drak, at Zim’Torga (58,56).
• Elder Thoim – Dragonblight, at Mo’aki Harbor (48,78).
• Elder Graymane – Storm Peaks at K3 (41,84).
• Elder Stonebeard – Storm Peaks, at the Bouldercrag Refuge (31,37).
• Elder Pamuya – Borean Tundra, outside of Warsong Hold (43,49).
• Elder Whurain – Grizzly Hills, at Camp Oneqwah (64,47).
• Elder Skywarden – Dragonblight, at Agmar’s Hammer (35,48).
• Elder Muraco – Storm Peaks, in Camp Tunka’lo (64,51).
That is the end of Elder hunting, thankfully, and by now you should have earned your 50 Coins of Ancestry achievement.
The remaining Coins in your bags will be used to buy items for the next few achievements.
Seek out a Lunar Festival Vendor – your best bet is to just head to Moonglade for now as the next few achievements can all be completed there.
Purchase 10 Red Rocket Clusters for a total of 10 silver, then go and stand by some Cluster Launchers which should be easy enough to find in Moonglade or any Capital city.
Stick the rockets on to a hotkey on your action bar, and spam away to earn this achievement.
Similar to the previous achievement, and also purchased from the Lunar Festival Vendor for 30 silver in total, just add the Firecrackers to a hotkey on your action bar and spam the button.
The one difference here, however, is that the Firecrackers are a targeted item, so you will need to also click your mouse to set the target before firing.
The items cost 5 Coins each, but you only need one of the six to complete the achievement, and all are purchased from Valadar Starsong in Moonglade.
And now we come to the final achievement needed to complete To Honor One’s Elders.
Valadar Starsong, the same NPC who sells you the Lunar clothes, will give you a quest to kill Omen – a boss who appears in Moonglade during the Lunar Festival event.
To summon Omen you need to fire off some Cluster Rockets using the launchers on the south-east shore of Lake Elune’Ara, and ideally you will need a group to take him down, or help other players who are fighting him.
The fight itself is your typical tank-and-spank affair with an AoE Starfall attack, but he’s not too difficult despite the 5 million plus hit points he has.
Once Omen has been defeated, just walk through the moonbeam that shines on his corpse to gain the Elune’s Blessing buff. This will complete the quest, and earn you the achievement once you hand it in.
One thing to note is that you don’t actually need to kill Omen to complete the quest – simply walking through the moonbeam and gaining the buff is sufficient.
This now brings us to the end of our Lunar Festival guide, and hopefully you should now have your ‘Elder’ title, as well as a nice boost to your faction reputation and your gold balance.
Company of Heroes 2, Batman: Arkham Origins, Grand Theft Auto V, Watch_Dogs, Beyond: Two Souls and Night of the Rabbit previews.Download Now!