Daunted by Starcraft II? Check out these tips for beginners! You can also check out our main campaign walkthrough by clicking on the link on the bottom of this article
- The first thing you should do at the start of any mission is send your SVCs out to mine. The more they mine, the more resources you’ll get, the more units you can build and the quicker you’ll be able to upgrade.
- Protect your base, place turrets and bunkers at entrances to stop attacks
- Look out for choke points on the map (a geographical feature on land such as a bridge that enemies will have to cross to get to you.) Man these choke points with bunkers and/or turrets.
- When you build bunkers keep an SCV close-by so they can repair them when need be.
- Make sure you have a full complement of troops manning your bunkers
- Building supply depots is crucial, so do this as soon as possible so you can build more units.
- Always leave some units behind at the base while others are out on attack, just in case you’re attacked
- Learn very early on how to use Hotkeys. A Hotkey system is crucial, especially when things start to get hectic. Doing this will give you vital seconds that you’ll need
- Mix different units togethers so you’ve got a good all-round team, don’t forget the medics!
- Don’t neglect your workers. Build more SCVs to keep bringing home the resources
- Spend your resources, don’t keep them piling up – that’s no use to anyone. Spend, spend, spend!
- Don’t wait for something to happen. You should never be doing nothing. You should constantly be busy, building at your barracks and checking out the mini-map.
- Send a scout forward to check out an area, just in case you walk right into the middle of something and get caught off guard.
- Keep building. It doesn’t matter if you have more than one of the same type of building, you’ll be working toward your upgrades. Remember, spend your money!
- CTRL your groups to keep the same units together. You can then switch in between the swiftly. You do this by using Ctrl + a number key.)
- Online, watch replays if you lose. You’ll begin to see where you went wrong and how you can improve on it.
Company of Heroes 2, Batman: Arkham Origins, Grand Theft Auto V, Watch_Dogs, Beyond: Two Souls and Night of the Rabbit previews.Download Now!