To give you a bit more into the Smuggler class before taking the plunge we’ve put together a guide containing information pertaining to skills, planet location, class story and where this class fits into the wider MMO scene. There isn’t a ton of information here, but it may prove useful to those who are unsure whether to take the plunge. It’s important to note that there are a few spoilers in here.
- Faction: Republic
- Description: Mob control ranged specialist which utilises cover to stay out of fire. Good at interrupting foes and knocking them over to buy time during more hectic skirmishes.
- Weapons: Dual or single pistols, also known to utilise flash grenades and thermal detonators.
- Starter World: Ord Mantell, shared with Republic Trooper class, then onto Coruscant before unlocking your own ship.
- Class story: Tracking down a double crossing scoundrel named Skavek who has not only stolen your ship but also special cargo which has resulted in an interplanetary mob boss wanting you dead.
- Starship: XS Freighter
- Gunslinger – utilises dual pistols and causes massive damage to enemies via one of a kind attacks. Like the traditional Ranger archetype seen in fantasy MMOs, the Gunslinger uses draining attacks to harm enemies over time.
- Scoundrel – capable of healing other players and relies on stealth to get the better of foes care of a stealth belt. It’s an interesting compromise as the healing skills mean that players can rely on their companions more and rely on the Smugglers cover skill to stay out of the fight while healing others.
Broken Sword 5: The Serpent’s Curse, Diablo III: Reaper of Souls and Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare all featured inside this months issue of FirstLook.Download Now!