Of the many, many things that you can achieve and unlock in Red Dead Redemption you’ll get the chance to hone your skills in a number of areas, including becoming a Survivalist, A Master Hunter, A Sharpshooter And A Treasure Hunter. In the second part of our guide to “Challenges” we look at the role of the Master Hunter and how you can reach your way to the top toward that 100% completion mark.
If you become a Master Hunter you are also one step close to obtaining a Legend of the West Outfit for Marston. You’ll still have to complete the three other “Challenges” though, which we’ll feature in our Red Dead Redemption section once complete.
Once you skin and kill your first Coyote you’ll begin the challenge on your way to becoming a Master Hunter.
There are ten levels you’ll need to complete in order to become a Master Hunter and along the way you’ll receive a Fame award for each one you complete.
1. Collect 5 Coyote Pelts. You have to kill and skin the Coyotes.
2. Collect 5 Deer Pelts. You have to kill and skin the Deer.
3. Kill 5 Wolves with your knife and collect their pelts.
4. Collect 5 Boar Tusks and 3 Armadillo shells.
5. With your knife kill 2 Cougars and get their pelts.
6. Collect 5 Racoon pelts, 5 Skunk pelts, 5 Fox pelts.
7. Collect 5 Elk Meat and 5 Bighorn skins
8. With your knife kill a bear and get their skin.
9. Get the pelt of the legendary Jaguar, Khan, found in Ojo Del Diablo
10. Find Lobo the legendary wolf, Gordo the legendary Boar and Brumas, the legendary Bear around Aurora Basin, Nekoti Rock and Stillwater Creek.
At level 5 you unlock the Buffalo Rifle and at level 10 you’ll be able to create a health item by harvesting vittles from animals.
Check your map, if you zoom out you’ll see pictures of animals in certain locations. Head to that location to search for them.
Buy Bait from the stores in town and plant it around areas that are rife with the animal you’re looking for. If you wait and stay back you’ll eventually see the animals attempt to grab the bait, giving you a good opportunity to pounce. The hardest animals to find are the legendary ones when you get near to your goal of becoming a Master Hunter.
Where to find the Legendary animals
1) Khan The Legendary Jaguar – In Ojo Del Diablo south of the road
2) Lobo The Wolf – This giant black wolf can be found in the Aurora Basin around the small lake
3) Gordo The Boar – South of the River in Stillwater Creek
4) Brumas the Bear – In Nekoti Rock in a cave at the top of the mountain.
Remember, you can sell animal pelts at local stores to earn yourself some extra cash
Broken Sword 5: The Serpent’s Curse, Diablo III: Reaper of Souls and Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare all featured inside this months issue of FirstLook.Download Now!