The mode only appeared in Japanese and PAL versions of the original PlayStation 2 game but has resurfaced in all versions (including North American copies) of the Ico & Shadows of the Colossus Collection.
Here’s how to do it:
- Finish Ico at least once and continue on a completed save
- After recovering Yorda from her cage and fending off the attacking shadow monster, Yorda will become playable
- To have a friend join in, go into the Options Menu to find a new tab which should read ‘Players’
- Switch this to two players instead of one
- Pass a second PlayStation 3 controller to a friend and enjoy
Ico isn’t known for its two-player co-op mainly due to the fact it’s a hidden feature and it doesn’t work all that well. Players in control of Yorda only have the power to jump and pick up and carry some items. Player 2 will also have no control over the camera that will not change to accommodate a second player.
One of the pros of having Yorda playable is to allow her to dodge out of the way of shadow creatures thus saving you some time if you are trying to go after the Time Trial trophies (complete Ico in 2 or 4 hours or less).
There's nothing unlucky about this issue which stars interviews, previews and features associated with Alien: Isolation, Titanfall, The Elder Scrolls Online and more.Download Now!