Stay one step ahead of the opposition and check out these five top tips for the Halo Reach multiplayer map Sword Base.
Sword Base is asymmetrical in design with two buildings either side of the walkways and multiple levels. There are gravity lifts in each of the buildings and one in a central position on the lower floor. These take you up to the other levels on the base. There’s also a series of bridges and walkways leading over a central atrium.
1) The Sword Base has multiple levels so keep an eye on your mini-map for the opposition. If they’re on your level they’ll be represented as red circles, otherwise you’ll see red triangles. In multiplayer, the upper floor is hotly contested. Team-mates who work well together will often try and take charge of this upper floor in the rooms and corridors near to where the gravity lift takes you. Get there first!
There’s one small area right at the top of the building that is perfect for sniping that looks out below onto a walkway and the opposite building. Learn how to find this spot quickly. Have one guy sniping and another one watching his back so no-one can sneak up behind.
2) If you’re playing a game mode where you can choose ability load-outs, pick the jet-pack. You’ll be able to swiftly move between levels and can take players by surprise who may be expecting you to shoot up via the gravity lifts. The room where the gravity lifts take you are often guarded.
3) Grabbing and keeping hold of the Sword will pay great dividends. When you have it, stay close to team-mates to help them out, or find somewhere to hide, such as the exit to a gravity lift, and make sure you crouch to stay invisible before slicing and dicing your opponents apart.
4) Stay away from the ground level. You’ll be a prime target for snipers and if you get flagged up on the map enemies will soon jump down from the upper levels to kill you. However, the corridor on the lower level is a good place to camp with a sword or a shotgun as you can’t get caught from behind.
5) Learn where the exits to the gravity lifts are and where they take you. Instead of camping outside the exit to a lift, camp near to one and surprise enemies who won’t expect it. The Shotgun is ideal for this situation. You’ll find it in one of the buildings on ground level.
Company of Heroes 2, Batman: Arkham Origins, Grand Theft Auto V, Watch_Dogs, Beyond: Two Souls and Night of the Rabbit previews.Download Now!